With growing competition day by day, all business owners are in the process of reaching out to their targeted customers in the most unique way. While most of them are still in the early stages, some have tasted success through online platforms and search engines.
Google My Business Page has certainly proved to be a catalyst, especially for local businesses. It has enhanced the revenue and pushed to make changes wherever required following the customers’ reviews.
Here, we have provided the entire growth guide on how Google reviews can actually grow your business.
Why Should You Have A GMB Page?
You can list your business's location on Google Maps app and in local search results with Google My Business.
You can put vital information about your business on display, like your contact information, hours of operation, and a link to your website. In addition, you can now post a link to articles or upcoming events using a new Google feature that was recently released. More on that in a moment.
Although the listing is free, all businesses should consider it essential. If your business is web-based or not, and you have an actual shop or not, consider having a business profile online.
How Can Increase In Google Reviews Grow My Business
Responding to reviews is free. This helps to endorse your business page on the most reputable platform in the world at the cost of zero. Here, we have discussed the prospects of having more and more reviews.
#1. Better Visibility And SEO Ranking
To say that Google's search algorithms are intricate is an understatement. However, one thing is certain: Google local search is affected by Google reviews. Moz claims that review signals like those found in a company's Google reviews drive roughly 9% of Google's entire search algorithm. Furthermore, these survey signals are, by and large, engaged around audit amount, speed, and variety.
#2. Serves As A Basis Of Authenticity
90% of customers prefer reading online customer reviews before making any decision. Therefore a business name with more positive Google reviews and a higher number of happy customers would be a basis of trustworthiness and authenticity to the customers.
#3. Reviews Boost Conversion Rates
Did you know that personal recommendations are trusted by 88% of consumers just as much as online reviews? So the more reviews you have, the more likely people searching for your business information on Google will contact you. So keep your reviews sections filled with new reviews, always.
#4. Improved Click-Through Rates
Any savvy company knows that getting customers to click on your link when it appears in a search engine is crucial. However, even if you spend a lot of time and money on your SEO strategy, none will matter if no one clicks on your business.
Fortunately, having reviews on Google accounts is a great way to boost click-through rates when you appear in a search engine. Your Google review rating will appear next to your company's name in the search engine, so having a lot of positive reviews will get more people to visit your website.
How Can You Increase the Flow of Google Reviews?
#1. Engagement Brings in Enhancement
You must respond to reviews in addition to reading them. You should also try to get customers who leave fake reviews with two stars or less to stay with you. Strive towards converting your disappointed customers to loyal customers.
Some reviewers would lash out in anger or frustration to get your attention, even if you made a small error.
By responding to such negative reviews, you will demonstrate that you are dependable and a great company to work with if you were able to resolve their issue quickly and effectively—meaning that they are delighted by your response.
The best part is that everyone who reads that review will know just how easy you are to work with, even when you make a mistake, because this interaction took place on your Google business listing.
If you're looking for a comprehensive guide to responding to reviews, see this-
- 4 or 5-star reviews: Some businesses do not respond to these reviews, but it never hurts to be nice. Even though you can use an automated thank-you template, a personalised message might help you gain the reviewer's trust even more.
- 3-star reviews indicate that these individuals had a mixed experience. They might not have much to complain about, but something was off. Thank them for their honest feedback, and if necessary, inform them of your improvement plans. Invite them back, so they see that you deserve more than they gave you.
- Reviews with two or fewer stars—These reviews require keen attention. Only 9% of customers would engage in a business with 2-star ratings.
- Find out if you deserve it. Even if you don't always agree, you shouldn't be angry. You need to accept and deal with it most of the time. However, you can request that a review be removed if it is abusive or in violation of Google's content policy.
- Find an answer. These are all examples of this: refunds, offering to re-do a service, gift cards, or discounts. Whatever the circumstance, determine what you can do to reconcile with the reviewer.
- Kindly and calmly respond. Let the reviewer know how you plan to resolve the issue. Get in touch with them over the phone or in person for a more personal touch. You won't be able to fix every problem, and some people are mean. Instead of getting angry about it, focus on growing your business and getting more positive reviews to compensate for the negative ones.
- Fix the problem. If you made a mistake, find out why and update processes or policies to prevent it from happening again.
#2. Improve Technical Ground for Better Customer Experience
Look into other convenient ways to interact with customers and potential customers and improve the overall customer experience. In any case, here are some straightforward options:
- Your Website Needs A WebChat
As we've seen, a chat tool on your website can help you immediately build trust with potential customers. Consider this: they found you online through your reviews, so the logical next step is for them to visit your website.
You can use webchat to win their business before they move elsewhere if they have a question or want to set up an appointment. They might become your next customer if you respond quickly to their questions.
- Make It Simple To Converse With Customers.
There is much to keep track of, including Facebook messages, web chats, and text messages. However, your ability to engage customers may decide whether or not they continue doing business with you.
- Get Specific Feedback
While online reviews are a great way to learn what customers think, surveys go one step further. Sending surveys regularly is a great way to keep your business growing.
- Make Appointment Planning Simple
If your business depends on arrangements, it may be a problem for your clients to call you each time they need to plan a visit. Instead, what if they could quickly and easily request an appointment through your website?
- Make It Easier For Customers To Pay
If you've ever had to settle a bill with a business, you know how time-consuming it is. Avoid falling prey to this trap. Instead, it is preferable to give your customers the option to pay with a credit or debit card, bank transfer, mobile payment through Google or Apple, or any other method that makes sense to them.
#3. Shortcuts For Leaving Reviews
Again, customers want to avoid going through the time-consuming process of writing a review. Create a Google Page Review Shortcut. If there is a lengthy procedure, customers will happily refrain from leaving reviews. Instead, create a shortcut link and post it on your website to make it easy.
It is commendable of you to have a shortcut link on your website. However, shortening and personalising the review link will make it much better. That results in a cleaner review shortcut link that customers will be happy to see. Additionally, they will gladly provide additional Google reviews for your company.
#4. Create a Google Review Page for Your Business
On Your Website, Instead of just linking to the Google review site, dedicate a page to Google Reviews. All of your offering reviews will be on one page. A call to action to write reviews could also be included. Customers will be more likely to leave more reviews if they see examples of excellent customer service and are made to feel comfortable doing so. If the reviews are favourable, it will also motivate site visitors to become customers.
#5. Seek Google Reviews
- Include Google reviews in your company surveys - Surveys are a great way to determine how well your products and services meet your customers' needs. You can get the necessary in-app feedback from surveys. Utilise the momentum of customers who agree to complete surveys by asking them to leave a Google review of your business or can buy google reviews.
- Request Reviews on Social Media - In today's world, everyone is on social media. As a result, conversational marketing can thrive on these platforms. Request that customers who have used your products or services leave Google reviews of their experiences.
- Try Gaining feedback on Google from suppliers and business partners - Partners and suppliers are not customers. They are aware of how challenging it is to collaborate with you regularly. That matters a lot. Offer to write testimonials for their company. They will be more willing to give one back in this way.
A crafted and equalised combination of the review signals and a well-optimized Google search can help your local business climb to the top of Google's local search results. Rather than relying solely on traditional SEO tactics like keyword research and blogging, this helps your company be found much more quickly and easily. Even though it's still essential, as a local business, you must rely on more than traditional methods and ignore other channels like Google reviews.
Q1. How will I be Benefited from Postings on GMB Page?
With current information, you can enhance the customer experience. Advertise your promotions, sales, events, news, and specials. Utilise pictures and videos to get in touch with your clients.
Q2. Is it Necessary to have a GMB page?
Ultimately, creating a Google My Business account in 2024 is a requirement that cannot be waived. It gives your customers a free and simple way to get in touch with you and allows you to communicate directly with your local customers. Boosting local SEO and search ranking is definitely a plus. Here are some important elements to have on your Google Business profile:
- Business name and business location.
- Phone number, email address.
- Screenshot or authentic photos of your products or services.
- Details of what products or services you provide.
Q3. How many Google Reviews Should I have to Make it Look Dependable?
At Least 10 reviews with overall ratings of 4 and above are necessary to make you look authentic to the customers and make them feel confident about the decision. Moreover, some negative customer feedback where customers have shared their negative experiences are at times necessary to make your profile authentic.
Q4. Apart from Google reviews, how to get more online reviews?
You get online reviews through various ways and improve your online reputation. For example, Yelp is one of the popular platforms. However, don’t forget to read their review policy to ensure you are not breaking any rules.
Another way to get review request is through website pop-ups. Simply add a pop-up asking“ click write a review if you loved our service”.
Last but not least, share an SMS, or an email with a Google review link and a detailed explanation of “how to leave a review” to get a review response from your customers.